Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you're planning to travel to this amazing country in southeastern Europe:
- During your stay in Greece explore the treasures made by man and nature over the centuries. Let yourselves be seduced by discovering 18 unique monuments and sites.
- Besides having some picture-perfect beaches, the island of Zante is a paradise on earth. Get acquainted with its rich tradition, savor its local dishes and explore its charms.
- Have some laid-back moments, enjoy refreshing dives in crystal clear waters, walk along cobblestone alleys and enjoy romantic views of mesmerizing sunsets.
- Best Places to visit & things to do:
- Heraklion - Located between the prefectures of Rethymno and Lassithi, on the eastern side of Crete, Heraklion is the most popular region of the island. As Heraklion Greece was the main field where the Minoan civilization flourished, you should not miss a visit to the Minoan Palaces of Knossos and Phaestos
- Tour the Acropolis - Acropolis is the star attraction of ancient Athens. The Acropolis complex is one of the most visited attractions in Greece, Athens city sightseeing tours and often combined with a visit to the New Acropolis Museum
- Athens - Athens is the best place for sightseeing, as it contains many of the monuments those are from historical periods. A Bus tour for sightseeing is the most popular one there
- Mykonos - Mykonos, the cosmopolitan island located in the Aegean Sea is the most typical island in the Cyclades. According to Greek mythology, it was created by the dead bodies of the Giants. Bicycle tour, Enjoy the Nightlife, Walk around the old port etc
- Santorini - The Greek island of Santorini (Thira) is in the southern Aegean Sea and actually consists of a group of islands. Though the complex is still an active volcano, it is most commonly known for its brilliant blue roofs (Movie at an Open Air Cinema, Eat at a Classic Taverna, See a Santorini Sunset etc)
- Delphi - Delphi was regarded as the center of the world. Delphi, with its remarkably preserved ruins dotted along the southern slopes of Mount Parnassus, is one of Greece’s most famous archaeological site
- The Cyclades - The most famous island group in the Aegean Sea comprises some of the most beautiful islands in the world! Gorgeous sandy beaches, architecture in white and blue, traditional lifestyle, folk music, warm, hospitable people and barren landscapes with isolated chapels turn a trip to the Cyclades into a lifetime experience.
2. Greece is incredibly affordable too:
Things cost half what they do in other parts of Europe. So taking care of a few things will not effect on your pocket. Some of them are:
- USE UBER IN ATHENS:
- GETTING TO THE GREEK ISLANDS:
- AVOID MYKONOS:
- BOOK OVERNIGHT FERRIES: