Paneer tikka masala is an Indian dish of marinated paneer cheese served in a spiced gravy. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka masala.
Preperation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
-200 grams paneer
-1 ½ cup onions cubed layers seperated
-½ cup capsicum
-½ cup of hung curd/yogurt
-3 tsp ginger garlic paste
-1 ¾ tsp chili powder
-1 ¾ tsp garam masala
-⅛ tsp turmeric
-salt to taste
-1 tsp oil
-½ tsp dried fenu greek leaves
-12 to 15 cashew nuts
-1 to 1 ¼ cup of tomatoes chopped
-1 small bay leaf
-2 green cardamoms
-2 to 4 tbsp of cream
-few coriander leaves chopped
1. Cube onions and separate the layers.
Cube capsicum as well. Set these aside.
2. Add ½ cup hung curd yogurt, 1 ½ tsp.
ginger garlic paste, ¾ tsp red chili
powder, ¾ garam masala, 1/8 tsp
turmeric, ¼ tsp kasuri methi, 1 tsp oil
and salt as needed in a bowl.
3. Mix everything well.
4. Add paneer and cubed veggies. And
mix everything well.
5. Heat 1 tsp oil in a wide tawa on a high
flame, drop paneer cubes in the tawa.
6. Cook them from both sides for 2 to
3 mins or untill they turn golden.
7. In the same pan cook the veggies
untill they get a charred look.
8. Add 1 cup chopped onions, 1 ¼ cup
tomatoes and 10 to 12 cashews to a
blender jar and make it's puree. Keep it
9. Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf and
cardamom. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry until
the raw smell goes off.
10. Pour the onion tomato puree to the
pan. Saute until it thickens and begins
to leave the sides of the pan.
11. Add chili powder, garam masala and
salt. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
12. Add 1 cup water or a bit more to
bring to a desired consistency.
13. Mix well and cook on a low flame
until the sauce gets thickens. Add
14. Add the grilled tikkas in the gravy.
Mix well and cook for a minute.
15. Pour cream and stir. Cook for
another minute or two. Serve it hot.